Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Meet Dave Roseberry

I can't decide if this guy is a stud, or desperate. He's well-educated. He'd say even too educated in this job market. He can't find work.

I admire the grit of a well-schooled man who would stand on the street corner advertising himself in a tough economy. But I don't know if this is his best option. (I guess with local media coverage, he's not doing too badly for himself.)

Perhaps he should hold a "Hot & Ready $5" pizza sign as well, and at least make a few bucks an hour doing it. If only it were tax season and he was willing to dress up like the Statue of Liberty...

At any rate, I hope this works for him. I believe the good jobs go to those who not only have their bases covered with education and good hygiene, communication, and people skills, but are also willing to think outside the box, show a little courage and humility, and make themselves seen and heard.

Dave Roseberry is certainly doing that and I wish him the best.

No comments:

The Neal Larson Show

blogspot stats