Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Welcome to Pocatello!

So a New Jersey family - presumably on vacation - was getting ready to go to Craters of the Moon in Pocatello, when their car starts sinking into one of our city streets.

I'll spare you all the "crater" jokes that are formulating in my head right now.

Turns out, a water main break created a nasty sinkhole that tried to swallow their rented Subaru.

Why do I have this feeling that this is really just a Chevy Chase "Vacation" movie.

Now first of all, usually you hope it's one of our locals who gets their car swallowed up by a sinkhole because they're already sold on the Gem State, so I hope they don't go back to New Jersey and tell everyone that Idaho is sinkhole central.

Secondly, I've been to New Jersey. And no offense to the good family visiting from the Garden State, but it's a cancer on America. Now I don't mean that in a bad way, but after my short experience in New Jersey, I'd take sinking in an Idaho sinkhole over an ordinary day in Jersey, any day.

The good news is that if they take the shortest route to Craters of the Moon, now that their car is out of the earth, they won't have to travel through Jefferson County, always scary and often fatal.

No comments:

The Neal Larson Show

blogspot stats